What does include on the price?
- The cruise, all scuba diving activities (up to 4 dives per day) and all group shore programs during the course of the cruise.
- Regular air fills tanks, weights and weight belt
- Professional dive guide
- Full meals and snacks while on board the vessel
- Water, tea, coffee, soft drinks while on board the vessel
- Transfers to and from the vessel and the respective airports on the cruise departure and return dates
What does not include on the price?
- International and domestic air transportation, hotels and meals ashore before and after the cruise
- Marine Park Fee and Port handling fee at Raja Ampat and Cendrawasih Bay
- Travel insurance
- Private tours
- On board telecommunications
- On board alcoholic beverages
- Crew gratuities
- Nitrox use (USD 5/dive)
- Dive equipment rental.
How I pay my trip?
When we received your confirmation about your booking, we’ll prepare the invoice so you could pay through bank transfer. Full payment must be made at the time of booking if the reservation is made less than 90 days prior to departure. For other departure dates, a down payment of 35% to be sent to Pearl of Papua Bank Account no later than 10 days after the date the reservation is made. Payment of the balance must be made at least 3 months prior to departure date.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Cancellations more than 90 days prior to departure: 50% refund of monies on hand or credited against any future bookings.
- Cancellations within 90-0 days prior to departure: all monies on hand are forfeited.
- The date that Pearl of Papua receives the alterations to the reservation by electronic mail, facsimile transmission or registered post will be the date used to determine whether a fee will be charged.
What method of payment you accept for extra service?
Extra service such as equipment rental or Nitrox use (if any) is paid in cash with main currency in IDR/Euro/USD/AUD equivalent with the service rate using currency exchange on the day. Plan your expense so you bring sufficient money. No EDC machine for credit card payment on board. The easy way is to exchange your money to Rupiah or withdrawal the money from ATM machine in the main airport such as Jakarta, Makassar or Denpasar if you come via Bali.
Can I rent the dive equipment?
We strongly recommend guests bring their own dive gear as you are more familiar with how to use the gear and not to mention they are the perfect fit. But if you need to rent equipment, The Pearl of Papua has various sixes of Aqualung Dive Equipment on board. If you have more specific requests for equipment rental please inform us long in advance for availability. You can pay cash onboard. Complete dive gear is rented for USD 40 per day. Complete dive gear include BCD, Wetsuit, Regulator, Fins, Dive Torch. You can rent the equipment separately with price of USD10 per day.
Do you have Wi-Fi on board and how the phone connection during my voyage?
We have Wi-Fi on board at the sundeck. The internet and data connection is good only for 2 days during the sail and we would lose the connection for the rest of the trip. And the connection resume again 2 days prior we end our cruise when the boat ailing back to Sorong/Manokwari. Voice call might be patchy but has better coverage than data/internet.
We advise you getting local SIM card as it is easy and cheap. Use Telkomsel provider, as it has the largest coverage for remote areas such as Sorong/Manokwari and most eastern part of Indonesia. You can dispose of the use or keep it only for $5. You just have to register with your passport number. You can purchase the SIM card in Jakarta or Makassar airport.